Greek Week continues with a mouth watering recipe for chicken souvlaki. It tastes so authentic, your friends will be asking what takeout place it was ordered from.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- wooden skewers soaked in water
1. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and thyme in a large Ziploc bag. Add in chicken and massage gently. Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours.
2. Skewer chicken and bake on a foil-lined cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.