“This dish is low in saturated fat and high in protein, making it a very healthy choice. It’ll even please meat-lovers.”
Makes: 2 servings
Preparation Time: 24 hours
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 14 oz block of Extra Firm Tofu
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2″ fresh ginger peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- 1 green chilly (small)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper (according to taste)
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Tandoori Masala
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Puree the garlic, ginger, coriander, chilly, lemon juice, and salt and pepper in a food processor or blender to make a paste. Pour the contents into a large bowl. Stir in the yogurt, Tandoori Masala and vegetable oil.
2. Remove tofu from packaging and rinse gently under running water. Wrap a few paper towels around the tofu block and gently squeeze out as much water as possible.
3. Cut the Block into 1.5 inch cubes or rectangles and put them into a container.
4. Coat the Tofu with the marinade paste and let it sit for at least one day in the refrigerator. Tofu soaks in more flavour the longer they marinade.
5. Line a tray with aluminum foil and preheat the oven to 400o F. Bake the tofu in the oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping tofu half way through.
6. Serve right away. Enjoy!
Tip: Grill vegetables of your choice on the side. Red onions and bell pepper work great. For extra flavour, finish off by squeezing some fresh lime on the top, or serve with a sauce.
Submit your recipes using #starvingstudentrecipes! We want to see your creations.