This #studentsubmission is a recipe for a delicious strawberry banana oatmeal smoothie from Renatta Pellack on Facebook.
She says: “this smoothie is yummy and will keep you alert for those early morning exams.”
Makes: 1 servings
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 banana, broken into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
1. In a blender, finely ground the rolled oats.
2. Add the banana, and almond milk. Add vanilla and sugar if desired.
3. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour into glasses and serve.
Note: A cup of regular milk can be used if there is no almond milk on hand. As well, 3/4 cup of Greek yogurt can be used in place of the milk for a richer smoothie and the addition of B-12.
Photo courtesy of: http://www.stockvault.net/photo/163111/strawberries