@TrueFactsByFox recommends this delicious recipe for Mexican atole, a warm beverage perfect for this time of year. It is best served either in the afternoon with cookies or as an apres dinner beverage.
- 1/2 cup masa (corn flour)
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons piloncillo, brown sugar cones
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Place the masa, water, cinnamon and piloncillo in a blender. Blend until smooth, about 3 minutes.
2. Pour the contents of the blender into a sauce pan and bring the mixture to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. When the mixture reaches a boil, turn the heat to low and continue to whisk for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour into mugs and serve hot.
Recipe from: http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/134083/mexican-atole/