This chickpea salad comes to us again from Neha Soni on Facebook.
She says, “this is a good chickpea salad that is low in fat and high in protein. Perfect for vegetarians or meat lovers looking to switch it up.”
Makes: 2 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 19 ounces garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, red onion, garlic, tomato, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Chill for two hours before serving.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve.
Note: Chilling the salad before serving is just a recommendation and depends on your preference. If made last minute, it will taste perfectly fine without being chilled. However, leftovers should be stored in the fridge.
Submit your recipes using the #starvingstudentrecipes.
Find us on Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr.
Image from: http://www.stockvault.net/photo/157591/chickpea