This week’s scramble has a distinctly international flair, making it perfect for the starving student who can’t afford to globe trot. It’s inspired by menemen, a Turkish dish that incorporates scrambled eggs, onions, tomatoes and peppers. As per usual, all the ingredients are cheap and easily accessible.
- 3 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ of a green pepper
- ¼ cup onion
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup drained canned tomatoes
- salt & pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan.
2. Add paprika, oregano, onion and green pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, stirring frequently.
3. Add tomatoes. Cook until deepened in colour. Remove half of mixture and reserve.
4. Return pan to heat and add eggs. Cook until barely set. Gently fold in remaining mixture.
5. Top with feta cheese and parsley
Share your recipes using #starvingstudent.